Sunday 1 August 2010

Who's in?

Preparation for the Euros is well underway at Queen Mary.  Quite a few of us have been making it out on the water over recent weekends, despite Queen Mary being more aptly referred to as 'Green Mary' at the moment.  An old chap at the nationals warned me that there was toxic algae making its way up the coast from France and I guess it was only a matter of time before it made it here....!  The edge of the reservoir looks like a bright green pea soup at the moment making for pleasant launching.

Doug, myself and Ben ventured out last weekend for some light / no airs practice.  Doug was running rings around both of us when the wind was light in his ninja, Ben managed to have a breakage free sail which should be commended.  This weekend myself and Jon Peates ventured out, I was pretty useless thanks to having my arms pulled out of their sockets giving wakeboarding a try the previous evening.  Jon seems to be getting the hang of the Mach 2 a bit more now after some more tuning this saturday, he's certainly not struggling for straight line speed managing to clock 25. something knots in about 12-14 knots of breeze. 

The fleet at Queen Mary has really come on in the last few months, its good to see that we have a range of abilities with everyone really keen to share knowledge.  It will be interesting to see how Andrew Friend fares in his custom ninja that he is planning to build after taking some time out for studying / working in recent months.  Paul Beard is also getting on really well with his Bladerider pulling off foiling gybes much earlier than I remember when I first got mine.  Theres been some talk of being more organised and having a class start at the weekends which I think is something we'll definitely look into after the Euros.  All in all theres never been a better time for a mothie to join Queen Mary. 

  On the rash vest front, I've put together the below design for those that are interested.  I'm hoping as its the same pattern on both sides this will keep the costs down.  Throw me a line if youre interested in buying one....Also for any internationals feeling left out I can send over the photoshop file if you want to get your own patriotic rash vests made up....

 

No comments: