Sunday 13 December 2009

Getting Chilly

Had a couple of really good sails at the weekend. Managed to get out for a little bit on Saturday for a light wind sail and then again on Sunday for some two boat tuning with Doug in his Ninja.

The temperatures are starting to drop at the moment in the UK, which definitely didnt help with ventilation. I didnt seem to have it as bad as Doug downwind, although upwind was a different story. On starboard tack upwind I would regularly spin out either resulting in a big loss of height or coming off the foils. I tried loosening the wand elastic and not riding so high which seemed to help a bit although it never completely went away. I ditched my paddle a while ago as the ride height seemed pretty good without it, although I'm wandering whether its worth reinstalling it now.....something to try for the Bloody Mary maybe.

Still, managed to finally get some decent headcam footage of some of the runs which was good.



James

2 comments:

phillippe oligario said...

Hi James,

Sorry I didn't make it, it looks like conditions were great. I've got car issues at the moment so I can't even get to Bristol at Aardvark to pick up the moulds for the ninja build... :-(

Hopefully catch you guys in the new year.

Phil

Jimbo_RS300 said...

No worries Phil, hopefully see you at Bloody Mary!

James